For RiskScape to run properly, your system must meet certain minimum requirements, as outlined below. System requirements are related to the volume of data that may be used in analysis. For instance, reasonable data processing times can be expected when using the “recommended” computer system if the software user is running an impact scenario for assets in a large city (e.g population >100,000).
- Operating System: Windows (XP/7/8), Mac OS X (1.8 and above), any flavour of Linux/Unix.
- Internet Broadband: Required for requesting/downloading licenses, downloading modules, and viewing web sourced background maps.
- Hardware: A dual-core high-spec CPU is recommended. A minimum 4Gb of RAM is required for RiskScape for a 64bit system, 8Gb for 32 bits systems.
Note: the desktop version of the Windows 8 OS does not run in a full 64-bit mode (unless you have Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer 10 turned on), thus 32-bit Java is the default.
- For viewing and exporting detailed results in spreadsheet format a program such as MS Excel or Open Office is required.
- For viewing results in 3D, Google Earth must be installed